Originally posted April 21, 2013.
An Invitation to YOU!
Please Join Us!
Postpartum Support International’s 2013
First Maternal Mental Health Awareness Month Blog Hop!
Theme: Recovery and Coping Skills
In May 2011 Postpartum Support International (PSI), declared May as Maternal Mental Health Awareness Month. An increasing number of states and counties have designated May as a time to bring awareness to maternal mental health. This year, we want to launch our first maternal mental health awareness month blog hop.
Our PSI blog hop is meant to be inclusive and is also meant to promote emotional safety and comfort and hope for all contributors and readers. To that end, we welcome your participation but also please keep in mind some editorial guidelines meant to promote comfort and safety ~
Name: Include your real name, we don’t promote people with online disguises
Length: 500 – 1000 words
Keeping in this year’s theme, much appreciated are personal stories about recovery from pregnancy and postpartum mental health challenges and coping skills used to maintain that recovery.
For the purpose of this blog hop and its focus on messages of recovery and hope, we want you to do your best to avoid common triggers in your posts. If you have any questions or concerns about that, please contact us at email@example.com and we can talk about your concerns.
Please do not write about detailed suicidal or homicidal thoughts and feelings.
Editors will not tolerate any negativity directed towards individuals or groups
Please refrain from self-promotion of your website or sale items
Please post these notices:
If you need immediate help, please call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
If you are looking for local pregnancy or postpartum support and resources in your area, please call or email us:
Postpartum Support International Warmline (English & Spanish)
How to participate:
1. Beginning May 1, 2013
2. Write your blog post and send a link or attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can read it and list it on our site. This will help us keep track of all of the posts, and contact you if we have questions or suggestions.
3. Go to one of the following three Blog Hop Blog Hosts:
Birthtouch.com Link Up Page Here
Ivy’s PPD Blog http://ivysppdblog.wordpress.com/
Dr. Christina Hibbert http://www.drchristinahibbert.com/
1. Look for their post called: Link Up: PSI 2013 Blog Hop – Maternal Mental Health Recovery & Coping
2. Link up your post to that blog post in the Linky provided at the bottom of the post
3. You can copy the PSI Blog Hop photo in the blog
4. Feel free to promote your blog and the blog hop on social media!
Social Media Links:
#PSIBLOG is the hashtag we are using to promote this event
Twitter: PSI’s Twitter handle is @PostpartumHelp
Please join us on the PSI Facebook pages:
Private Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/25960478598/
Open Page https://www.facebook.com/PostpartumSupportInternational